Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On writing the final narrative

This was difficult to write, mostly because a lot of people are either not very forthcoming about the building blocks controversy at all, or about any criticisms of the program in general. Also, in my interview with Kim, there was quite a bit he said that he later asked me not to put into my piece. Several people I've approached who were instrumental in getting Building Blocks kicked off campus have refused to talk to me at all. Still, I'm going to try to get more interviews to flesh it out.

Still, I feel pretty confident about this. I think I'm coming into an actual journalistic writing style - feel free to tell me if I'm wrong :P - that actually works.

What I want to know is: what is this missing? I was omitting stuff from previous Index articles about the transition because I did not want to rehash, but I might need to incorporate that later. Did it make sense? Was it interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment